XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Mass Effect: Andromeda is an action role-playing game with single and multiplayer modes. However, some players have stated on EA’s forum that they cannot connect to Mass Effect’s multiplayer servers. When they try to connect to the server, this error message appears: “Network connection error. Unable to connect at this time.” Therefore, these players cannot play Andromeda’s multiplayer mode. Here are some fixes for Andromeda “Network Connection” error.
Check out these resolutions for Mass Effect network connection error
- Is the Mass Effect server down?
- Restart the router
- Switch to Google DNS
- Clean startup windows
1. Is the Mass Effect server down?
Mass Effect’s server may be down when the “Network Connection” error message appears. The server may be down while scheduling maintenance. To check if ME’s server is down, open Is the service down in a browser. Then enter “Mass Effect: Andromeda” in the search field to open the page below, which provides additional details on the status of the server.
2. Restart the router
This is an easy fix that some Mass Effect players have confirmed fixed the issue for them. Players can do this by turning off the router or unplugging it. Then turn the router back on or plug it back in a few minutes later.
3. Switch to Google DNS
This is the most widely confirmed fix for the Mass Effect “Network Connection” error. Mass Effect players fixed the issue by changing their Domain Name Server (DNS) to Google DNS. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button to open a menu. Then select Course on this menu.
- Enter ‘ncpa.cpl’ in Run and click OKAY to open the Control Panel window like in the picture below.
- Then right click on your network connection to select Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the Network tab to open the window below.
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses option on the General tab.
- Enter ‘18.104.22.168’ in the Preferred DNS Server text box.
- Enter ‘22.214.171.124’ in the Alternate DNS Server box.
- press the OKAY button.
- Then restart Windows before launching Mass Effect.
4. Clean startup windows
The Mass Effect: Andromeda “Network Connection” error can also be caused by conflicting third-party software. To check if this is the case, users can clean Windows startup without any third-party startup programs or services. Follow the instructions below to clean Windows startup.
- Open the Run window with the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter ‘msconfig’ in Run and click OKAY to open the System Configuration Utility.
- Choose the selective start-up option on the General tab.
- To remove the startup software, deselect Loads startup components check box.
- Select the Load original startup configuration and Load system services checkboxes.
- Select the Services tab to open a tab that lists Microsoft and third-party services.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services option to exclude more essential services.
- press the Disable all button to deselect other services.
- Select the Apply option.
- Click it OKAY to exit System Setup.
- After closing the system configuration window, a dialog box will appear. Select the To restart possibility to restart Windows.
If Windows Clean Boot resolves the “Network Connection” error, users will need to identify which third-party program or service is conflicting with Mass Effect: Andromeda if they wish to restore standard startup settings and fix the game’s multiplayer mode. A third-party antivirus utility is the most likely software to block Andromeda.
These are some of the resolutions that Mass Effect gamers have fixed with the game “Network Connection” error. Mass Effect gamers who have discovered other fixes for the same error are welcome to share them below .
RELATED ARTICLES TO SEE:
Start a conversation