Location: Headquarters, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Objective(s) of the position
- Participate in the implementation of new network security solutions,
- To manage business continuity and disaster recovery operations and ensure 99.99% service availability and no data loss in the event of network security breaches/disaster events.
- Troubleshoot and investigate security-related issues, as well as analyze security system performance and provide capacity planning solutions to ensure continuous and uninterrupted operation of the security system infrastructure within levels agreed service.
- Design a robust network.
- Ensure that all network segments are protected against all forms of attack.
- Maintain up-to-date baselines for the configuration and secure operations of all network security devices in place.
- Maintain operational configurations of all security solutions in place according to established baselines.
- Maintain all network security solutions in place for efficient and proper operations.
- Participate in the planning and design of the enterprise network security architecture, under the direction of the Chief Enterprise Security Officer.
- Participate in the creation of corporate network security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Head, Enterprise Security Management, as required.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise business continuity plan and disaster recovery plan, under the direction of the Chief, Enterprise Security Management.
- Addressing identified security issues.
- Examine the logs and reports of all network devices in place, whether under direct control, interpret the implications of this activity, and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations of problematic activities.
- Participate in the design and execution of network system vulnerability assessments and penetration testing security audits.
- Provide support to all online banking channels and end users for all network security solutions in place.
- Review and analyze the application of new security technologies and trends.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the computer security industry, including knowledge of new or revised security solutions.
- improving security processes and developing new attack and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional network security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to specifically improve overall corporate network security.
- Perform deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new network security solutions and any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with best standard operating procedures generically and to the corporate network.
- A first degree in computer science or any engineering discipline with a strong background/certification in computer science/information security.
- Certification: (additional benefit) CCNA Security, CCNA R&S
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in network security or related discipline
- Experience managing firewalls – Fortinent
- Our ideal candidate should have knowledge in managing firewalls, maintaining bank network security, which includes selecting and installing security hardware and software, scanning networks to detect potential security threats and the development of Internet protocols to deal with viruses.
- Practice using Fortinet, understanding of network best practices, good team player, inquisitive and solution-oriented mind.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Information and network security
- Service level management
- Configuration Management
- Project management and change management
- Equipment trials
- Service center and incident management
- Network system installation and decommissioning
- IT operations
- Network segmentation
- Routing and Switching
- Fortinent Firewall and Administration
- Experience with multiple computer systems and programs
- Logical thinking and analytical ability
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Sound decision-making ability
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and the ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- Great sense of confidentiality and discretion.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We not only train our employees to be the best at their jobs, we also offer encouragement, recognition and rewards.
- Whatever your career level, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here at UBA, our people are our greatest assets and so we have built a recognition and reward system that drives productivity and improves staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Click here to apply