A strong Network Security Technical Engineer is sought by a dynamic Internet services and network specialist whose primary focus will be the implementation, management and maintenance of ICT networks and customer security solutions as part of the offer of managed IT services. Your support functions will range from testing and troubleshooting issues to regular maintenance. The ideal candidate should be Grade 12/Matric and preferably possess a tertiary qualification in Computer Science with certifications including CCNA or equivalent; FortiGate NSE4 or equivalent and Cyber Security. You will also need at least 5 years of experience delivering network security services in a customer environment, including strict IT policy awareness and strong customer service and server delivery SLAs.
- Implement, maintain, monitor and manage network security infrastructure and capacity (hardware and software solutions).
- Analyze and resolve common and (some) complex network issues through reasoning, troubleshooting, and innovative thinking.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with customers and end users in support of the Service Delivery Manager and Network Security Operations Manager.
- Create and update documentation related to installation procedures and network incident troubleshooting.
- Maintain a record via timely ITSM updates, including accurate information regarding actions taken, description of resolution, and date/time of resolution.
- Liaise with third-party vendors to resolve escalated incidents, problems and queries.
- Maintain service and quality levels in accordance with company standards, processes and procedures.
- Communicate verbal or written feedback and technical information to all levels of end users and customer IT management.
- Resolve all incidents and respond to all service requests within contractual SLAs.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Tertiary IT qualification (preferred).
- CCNA or equivalent.
- FortiGate NSE4 or equivalent.
- Cybersecurity certification.
- At least 5 years of experience providing network security services in a customer environment.
- Awareness of strict IT policies.
- Customer care and SLA service delivery.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be punctual, disciplined and dedicated to effectively execute job requirements keeping in mind the INTERNAL and EXTERNAL HR and IT policies in place.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position